Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

{34 weeks} and Happy New Year!!

Here is my obligatory "I can't believe it's the end of the year, it's gone by so fast!" post.
It really has. And we all say that every year, but this one has flown by! I knew the end of the year would because I would be in my third trimester when we were celebrating the holidays. But then sometimes I think about the day I found out I was pregnant, which was in June, and it seems like so long ago. Then I quickly remind myself to shut up, because we only have 6 weeks left!
People keep asking me if we have everything ready for the baby and I always think in my head "No!!!" but when I look at the nursery, we are pretty much ready. I mean, if Cade came tomorrow, we could bring him home and not have to make a trip out to get anything immediately. I think I hear that panic in my head because really, who is totally prepared to bring a new baby home. If you are (and it's your first one) you're my hero.

At this point, I'm officially exhausted a zombie. These nights of sleeping 5 hours and going to work for 13 are getting old. And thank you in advance to all those people who will comment on this and day "it's just preparing you for when the baby comes." We're going to add that to the list of "Shit you shouldn't say to a pregnant woman." It's right up there with "I can tell you're getting close to the end, your face is all puffy" (and yes, that happened this week).

On a happier note =) we had a wonderful Christmas. It was tiring running around for 2 days straight, but it's always so nice to see everyone that we don't see that often. And what kind of presents do you get a pregnant girl? Shoes, jewelry, an iPad, a new camera, and new video camera. My family is awesome! I think I literally squealed when I opened the Tiffany bracelet and Frye boots from my sweet husband on Christmas morning. Too bad my cankles won't allow me to wear my gorgeous boots yet :( but I can wear the new Hunter rain boots from my in-laws!
Can't wait for my ankles to be normal again so I can wear these beauties!

I will be ringing the New Year in (hopefully) by being sound asleep in my bed. I have to work New Years' Eve and Day, which is a small trade-off for being off all of Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. The hospital never closes :(
Who are kidding, I'd probably be asleep by 9 anyway.

Happy New Year!
It will be the best one yet!

1 comment:

  1. You don't EVEN look like you are 6 weeks away and whoever told you your face was puffy is lucky THEIR face isn't puffy from your fist! :-) The things people say to pregnant women. Sigh.

    Someone actually asked ME this week if I was getting excited. Umm, really? What a stupid question. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

    ReplyDelete