Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

{35 weeks}

Ok, I'm a day early. 35 weeks tomorrow if you want to get technical.
I had to throw in an Alabama shirt for the BCS Bowl Monday night =)
We are now officially counting down weeks instead of months!

The doctor visit went well this week, I'm apparently measuring "more normal" now instead of ahead. And I only managed to gain 2.5 pounds over Christmas and New Years. I may or may not have celebrated that with a Hot Fudge milkshake from Sonic on the way home.

 My sleep schedule is totally random. Some nights I'm exhausted and sleep well. Other nights I'm exhausted and stare at the ceiling thinking of things that need to be done. 
My ankles continue to swell, and my hands still go numb every morning. Other than these things and the fact that I now have to take Tylenol arthritis because my hands also hurt (apparently pregnancy can cause arthritic pain...has anyone else experienced this?) I'm doing pretty good. I thank my lucky stars for every morning that I wake up and don't see a stretch mark. They haven't popped up yet. I use Palmers Skin Therapy Oil religiously. I don't know if it's working or I've just been lucky so far, but I put it on twice a day. It at least helps relieve the itching that occurs when your skin stretches this much.

I was sincerely hoping that this would be the week I would post nursery pictures. However, after the adorable baby shower I had today, the nursery now looks like Babies R Us exploded in it again. It's driving me insane, but I probably won't be able to work on it again until Friday or Saturday. Until then I will keep the door closed and act like it doesn't exist.

A few pictures from Cade's tractor-themed shower

Cake pops...yum!
The owl rag quilt Cody's mom made Cade

This is a rocker I received from my husband's grandmother (his mom's mom). This rocker belonged to Cody's mom when she was a girl, and there is a picture of Cody sitting in it as a baby. Cody's dad repainted/refinished it and now it belongs to Cade. How sweet is that?? I was totally impressed that I didn't have a meltdown when they were telling me the history behind it. 
I have lots more clothes to wash now, and many things to sort through and find homes for. One of those being bottles. I don't know where in the hell all these bottles will go in my kitchen. We are limited on cabinet space. And how many bottles do you need? I currently have 9 5 oz bottles and 9 9oz bottles, and I'm trying to decide if I should return/exchange? 
I'm also pretty pumped I got my diaper bag (from my sweet momma) and now I can pack it so it will be ready to go for the hospital! I'm such an organizer. My bag is halfway packed already. The thought of having both of them ready to go, well it just makes me feel better!

Things To Do:
Baby laundry!
Sort through blankets and clothes (and see what extras can be taken to grandparents' houses)
Hang pictures on walls in nursery
Sterilize bottles and pacifiers
Find home for bottles
Finish packing hospital bags

Hopefully my to-do list, cleaning, and my yucky work schedule will keep me distracted from the major depression I'm experiencing from missing my husband's work trip to Florida in March. I know I won't be ready to leave Cade, but it'll be the first rodeo I've missed, and it's in Orlando which will be twice as much fun! I'm so jealous of everyone going, and booking flights and hotels for him isn't helping. However...my mom has promised some retail therapy for post-baby summer clothes that weekend. Shopping always cheers me up!


1 comment:

  1. I thought a lot today about what a wonderful day it was - Jennifer and Tammy did a beautiful job! Cade is a blessed little boy to have so many people who already love him!

    And ... no, you probably DON'T need 9 of each - 6 should be plenty!

    ReplyDelete