Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

{the nursery}

Hallelujah! Can you hear angels singing??
The nursery is finally D.O.N.E.
Until I find something else to order off etsy.

I spent the last several days sorting through the madness while the husband was out of town. (And therefore not around to ask "why are you putting that there?")

Anyway. It turned out pretty much exactly like I'd envisioned =) Of course, it makes me want to re-do other parts of my house now. I wanted something calm, clean, and simple for Cade's room. I'm not really a "theme" person, so I just stuck with colors and some basic ideas to pull things together. I'll try to list sources for things as I go through.



Furniture from Babies R' Us
Rug from USA Baby


Crib Sheet - Pottery Barn Kids
Crib Blanket - etsy (can no longer find seller)
Pillow Case - Pottery Barn Kids
Bear - Restoration Hardware
Owl - gift
Basket - Target
Wall Letters - Anthropologie


Fisherman Lamp - Pottery Barn Kids
Piggy Bank - gift (but I think this is the one!)


Glider - Wal-Mart
Wall Print - Custom from etsy
Owl - Pier 1 (still in stock last I checked)
Zebra and Raccoon - Carter's
Throw - a little boutique I forgot the name of!
Basket - thrift store find
Night Light - Restoration Hardware



Mirror - Target (no longer available)
Bear - My Thirty One (comes with a blanket inside!)
Basket - The Container Store
Drawer Organizers - The Container Store
Sound Machine - Amazon

It's awfully simple for it to have taken me so long to put together!
The closet door is where I take my picture every week, so I threw that one in there. I also added it because I want to put something between the doors. It looks empty and I have some cute old refurbished frames:
I'd like to hang these vertically between the doors but I don't know what I want in them. I can't find fabric I love (or scrapbook paper for that matter) and I don't want to stick his initials in them since his name is already over the crib. Suggestions?
I'm also considering corner shelves (or wall shelves) in the area between the crib and changing table (over the little rocking chair) but the husband thinks it will look to cluttered. I think he doesn't want to hang anything else on the wall...
And I also found some cute fabric bunting on etsy that I really love and want to use somewhere, but it's 56" long (just the part with flags, plus 1 foot of ribbon on each side). I thought about hanging it over the mirror, but it'll just be too long. Suggestions for that welcome as well.


And what would my house be without Chloe lurking around every time I opened a door?
Apparently changing pads make perfect cat beds.

Let me know if I left anything out! Hope you enjoyed the tour!

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried wallpaper for the frames? Maybe you can find a roll. Then you can put black and whites of Cade, and Cade with me and dad ;-) and Cade with Tammy and Eric ;-) LOL! Or, you could put cut out letters A, B, C - like blocks? or his birthday in order - month, day, year.

    Or, instead of fabric, prints of nursery rhymes, - or quotes about boys?

    ReplyDelete