Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Cade {2 Months}





Cade is officially 2 months old!
I laugh every week taking his weekly picture. He's not very patient laying on the floor. I have to wait until he's fed, changed, and really happy. Then I get everything ready, lay him on the floor, and snap pictures as quick as possible until he gets pissed. I usually have a few good ones to choose from, but his poses are all over the place.

What's new with us?
Besides outgrowing clothes at a rapid pace (length-wise), he has also found his voice. He coos when he's happy, and every now and then I swear he laughs. He's smiling much more now, and I'm a little proud to say he reserves most of them for me. I say it's because he's with me all day and obviously loves me the most (kidding!), but it's really because I still act a fool just to make him smile. 
I have no shame.

See...I can smile!

But most of the time I'm still serious.

He's officially sleeping in his crib now...hooray! I waited probably longer than I should have to put him in it. I kept saying I would when he started sleeping longer during the night. But when he didn't change his pattern, I thought maybe we were doing it backwards. He's doing well in the crib, waking up once during the night and then 6-ish in the morning to eat. I think we're all sleeping better now.
Cade starts in the middle and shimmies his way to the back rail.
He's the very reason they created mesh crib bumpers!
Cade is still hungry all the time, averaging a 4-ounce bottle every 3 hours. He pretty much thinks if he is awake, he should be eating. Another trait inherited from his dad. Let's hope he gets his metabolism too.
Cade now weighs 11 pounds 6 ounces and is 22.5 inches long.
We got shots today :( which made us both sad. He did pretty well but has been alternating between fussing and sleeping since his appointment.


Favorite things this month:

Graco Swing: It took Cade a month to warm up to it, I think because he was so small and didn't fit well in the seat until he got bigger. He likes to nap in the swing during the day. It plays music and white noise, so I can turn it on and still move around the house without startling him. He actually sleeps better when it's not rocking, so once he falls asleep I turn the swing off and let him chill.

Bright Starts Safari Play Mat: Or any play mat! The play mat is what got Cade to start smiling in the first place. He loves all the colors. It has a little cat (I think?) that hangs in the middle and flashes lights and plays music. He goes into a daze and stares at it forever. He also kicks his legs like he's dancing and coos when the music plays. Super cute.

Tommee Tippee Bottles: Another thing I feel like Cade had to "grow" in to. He drank out of the Medela bottles that came with my pump for the first couple of weeks, but we swapped over to these because that's what we planned on using and I wasn't wasting them. The nipple has a wide base so he had to adjust his latch, but he does well with them now. They also have nifty formula cups you can buy that sit inside the bottles, so all you have to do is pop them open and pour. They're perfect for packing and it saves lots of space in the diaper bag.

The First Years Sounds for Silence Premium Sound Machine: Love this! This sound machine plays music, white noise, and also has an MP3 auxillary cord so you can hook in your iPod and play Coldplay whatever your heart desires. It also gives off a nice little glow, so the nursery isn't totally dark if you aren't using a night-light.

The Happiest Baby on the Block: I ordered this book when I was pregnant because I heard good things about it. Cade is still a good baby but likes to be fussy (and sometimes flat=out wail) in the evenings. I busted out this book the other day for some advice. It's actually written for colic babies, but has excellent tips for soothing crying babies. It also has good insight to why babies cry, which in turn helps you understand how to fix the problem.

Summer Infant Video Monitor: Besides being fun just watching your kid move around the crib, this is awesome for giving you piece of mind. Cade is a noisy baby and sometimes whines and grunts in his sleep. It's nice to be able to see if he's awake without dragging myself out of bed. I can also see where he is in his crib and if I need to move him. 

We are still loving our bouncer seat, swaddle blankets, car seat, and pack and play from month #1!

I am currently considering an all-terrain stroller and a diaper backpack, both for summer. Our stroller is handy for shopping and travel, but the tires aren't made for much outdoor use. This Jeep stroller is at the top of my list right now for all its features, and our carseat actually fits it. I want a diaper backpack for trips to the ballpark/zoo/rodeo etc. Most of them have insulated bottle sections and will be much easier to pack around than my bag, which is like a large purse.

I came across this article on Pinterest this week for First time mommas. It's hilariously true =)

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute little boy you have...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing my post! So happy you liked it! And your babers is adorable.

    ReplyDelete