Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Be Thankful.


I really enjoy Thanksgiving, and this year is no different. Because who doesn't love a holiday where the main activities include eating, football, and pre-planning a massive shopping trip on Black Friday?
But seriously, as I sit here and think about this year I can't help but be amazed at how much love and happiness we've experienced. Not only for ourselves, but for our friends and family as well. As our family grew, we watched our friends' welcome little ones as well. We can only hope our little ones are as good of friends as we are. 
We have so many blessings to be thankful for. 
Photo credit: Nicole Gagliano Photography
God knew what he was doing when he gave us the best gift we've ever received. Cade has brought us joy and happiness that we never knew was possible. We've watched him grow, smile, laugh, and start talking in these last 9 months. He continues to amaze us every day. He is sometimes a challenge to our patience, but that's where grandparents come in...
We are so lucky to have a wonderful support system. If it's possible for anyone to love Cade even a fraction of how much we do, it's these 4 people. They are always there for us and him, and it makes me so happy that he will grow up knowing and loving them.
I'm thankful for Mrs. Tammy, Cade's babysitter. I'm fortunate to have a job where I can spend 4 days a week at home, but when I'm at work it's such a relief to know my baby is in good hands. She takes such good care of him and he just smiles every day that I drop him off. That makes life so much easier!
Speaking of work, I'm thankful to be able to do what I truly enjoy. Critical care nursing is a challenging (mentally and physically) job that I never knew I'd love. I can honestly say that I enjoy going to work. I have a wonderful work family and if it was possible to get them all in one place at one time I'd post a big group photo of them! I'm lucky enough to precept wonderful new grad nurses who probably teach me more than I teach them.

I could go on and on, but you probably don't want to listen to how I'm thankful for peppermint, Starbucks, Luke Bryan, and my cat. So I'll end it here. But I hope you remember everything you're thankful for this Thanksgiving and always.
Happy Thanksgiving!
(now let's go shopping!)

No comments:

Post a Comment