Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Cade {9 months}

I just can't get over the fact that I have a 9 month old.
Pretty soon I'll be planning a first birthday party!
It's been such a busy month for us with stomach bugs, trips, pictures, Halloween, etc. I feel like October was here and gone in a minute.
I feel like so much has changed in the last month...
Cade now weighs 19 pounds 13 ounces and is 28 and 3/4 inches long.
He's wearing 6-9 month clothing and 9-12 month pajamas. He has a big foot, and he's in a size 3 shoe right now. We got his first pairs of walking shoes this weekend, and I bought size 4's. I feel like by the time he actually wears them that's what size he'll be in because he can almost fit a 3.5, and most brands don't do half sizes anyway.
We now have 8 teeth, 4 top and 4 bottom. Favorite foods are still bananas, sweet potatoes, strawberry yogurt, and a chicken and apples combo that I totally don't understand. But he loves it so whatever. I've also been doing some baby cookies with him, which is the only solid food he wants anything to do with right now.
I seriously need to baby-proof this house now that Cade is not only crawling, but pulling up on everything. This includes things you can't actually pull up on, like the front of the washer or refrigerator. Thank goodness it only took a few days for him to figure out how to sit down on his bottom when he got tired. I felt pretty bad every time I couldn't get to him before he got tired, tumbled back, and whacked his head on the hardwood floor. He's getting brave too, already trying to walk around stuff that he's holding on to or reaching out for things he wants while he's standing. I feel like he'll be walking in no time.
Cade's sweet little cupcake Lexi :)
We had a fun Halloween even though Daddy had to work, and Cade was such a cute little scarecrow. It wasn't Cody's top pick by any means, but it suited him so well! I'll be so excited next year when we can go trick-or-treating :)

We're looking forward to the holidays of course! Cody's family is all coming in for Thanksgiving so Cade will meet some cousin's for the first time. And what's almost as good as stuffing your face as a form of celebrating? Shopping the whole next day! Black Friday is right up there with Christmas morning for me...I'm already mentally mapping my attack plan. I've bought Cade one present, and I have a few more things in mind for him. I haven't even started anything else so it'll be time to get serious!

No comments:

Post a Comment