Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

{38 weeks}

I really do feel like I could POP any day now!

Every day that passes definitely makes me more excited for this little guy to show up. My husbands's excitement makes me happier than anything! He's so ready for Cade to arrive, it's all he talks about. And since he never gets really too emotional about anything, this is sort of a big deal.

Nothing new at the doctor this week.
That's a good thing because Cade is happy and healthy in there.
I'm a full 4 cm now but no other changes. I promptly left there and made a couple of laps around the mall (and only went in a few stores since this was an exercise mission). Between walking and still working full-time I'm hoping he'll come any day now. (Like tonight...full moon!) I've had a head cold this week, which is not fun when you already can't breath. Hopefully that'll be gone before I deliver so I can breathe! Other than not sleeping good and some hip pain, I'm hanging in there.
I am having some contractions (Woop!) but they are not painful or regular. When I have them, it actually just feels like I can breathe easier, but my face gets flushed. If I couldn't actually feel my stomach getting hard, I would think it was Cade just being sweet and removing a body part from my diaphragm temporarily. So now that I know they're contractions, I'm super-paranoid I'll be one of those freaks who doesn't know I'm in labor until I'm 9 cm dilated and it's time to push.

One thing that has changed is my mood swings...(insert sympathy for my poor husband here). I can go from happy to hysterical in about 5 seconds flat these days. And I mean full on alligator-tears-and-hiccups crying. It's so bizarre. Usually nothing even precedes it, something just hits me wrong and there I go...crying like a crazy woman. The husband is so patient though, he just asks if he did something wrong and if I need anything, and then kindly keeps his distance.
If my mood doesn't go from happy to hysterical, it goes from happy to pissed. I have zero patience. Especially for people who ask me too many questions (pregnancy related or not). I don't know why, but it's like after 2 questions something inside me wants to snap. It makes me feel totally claustrophobic. I'm I totally insane? I know it's silly and people are being polite, but I can't control it!
Anyone else experience crazy mood swings in there last month?

I finally (as in, 30 minutes ago) rearranged some kitchen cabinets and made space for bottles! That's something I've been avoiding for a while now. Next house = bigger kitchen.

I'm totally stressed about Cade's coming-home outfit. I have some newborn onesies that shrunk so much when I bought them that I swear they wouldn't fit a baby doll. So when I found what I was looking for on etsy, I ordered a 0-3 months size instead of newborn. I washed and dried it and it still looks huge! Unless my kid weighs a good 9 pounds, he will be swimming in it. Oh well. I guess it's more for picture taking purposes than anything else, so he won't be in it long. He'll just have to deal!

Fingers crossed for a baby this week, we are ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment