Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

{29 weeks}

Hooray for my glucose test being negative and finding out I didn't have gestational diabetes 2 days before Thanksgiving!
The belly grew a lot this week, probably due to all the food I've eaten over the holiday! I like to think I counter-acted some of that shopping all day on Black Friday =)
Really though, I feel like it's doubled in size over the last couple of weeks. And I'm starting to carry a little bit lower, which makes me have to pee all the time.

I still feel pretty good. Minus waking up with sore hips sometimes, my sleeping has improved a little. The ankle swelling is getting worse though, as is the sciatic pain. And besides that and my patience running thin with pretty much everything, I'm doing alright. Oh well. 11 more weeks.
11 more weeks?!
That's exactly what the text from my husband said the other day when I reminded him that's all we have left (if I go full term). Apparently "11 weeks to go" sounds way more intimidating than "29 weeks down" and he was momentarily freaked out.  But he's so excited about this little guy getting here he wouldn't care if it was tomorrow.

My mom and I did major damage on Black Friday, and other than ordering one present offline (because my husband procrastinates) I am officially done Christmas shopping. In November. 
This never happens.
I think the thought of having to sit in the floor and wrap presents when I'm much bigger than what I am now has motivated me to get my shit together this year. Yay me =)

And I FINALLY bought letters for the nursery to spell out this boy's name! An investment for sure, but they were too perfect to pass up. So they'll get hung after our maternity pictures next week and then hopefully right after Christmas when the wrapping paper is cleaned out of the nursery, I'll post pictures of it all. I must say, it looks adorable!
Speaking of maternity pictures, I'm super excited about those too. Well, in between temporary panic attacks where I'm convinced I have nothing to wear that will look cute. I'm sure I have something  I can wear. But just in case, I ordered a new dress yesterday :). I just hope the weather cooperates.
Oh Christmas Tree!

I'm looking forward to a weekend shopping trip with my mom this weekend, 25 Days of Christmas (Elf!) on TV, and started my bi-weekly doctor appointments next week. We're getting so close!

No comments:

Post a Comment