Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

{26 weeks}


A large, very active zucchini.
I had to look up how to spell zucchini, it's one of those words that never looks right to me.

Baby R is a busy thing in there, kicking all the time. He's still very active late at night and early in the morning, which I'm sure is a preview of what's to come. He's fairly quiet during the day until late afternoon. It's strange that now I can notice his patterns. And when he isn't moving much, my sweet husband likes to poke and jostle my stomach to try to "wake" him. He's going to be that parent. But really, it's cute seeing Cody excited. Those of you that know him know he doesn't show a lot of emotion about anything. So I let him get away with it.
He's the only one I let get away with it. Truly, when you are pregnant your stomach becomes community property. I never understood random people touching pregnant peoples' bellies but apparently they do. And it's weird. So don't be that person. It's uncomfortable having someone who doesn't normally touch you rubbing on your belly. (I never really understood the belly rub anyway, because you can't feel the baby. It's just a stomach.)

Beyond the unwanted touching, pregnancy is still going good although this week has been emotional. Hormonal emotional. Because I get mad/impatient/frustrated very easily these days over little things and I'm not that person. Most of that frustration seems to be stemming from the fact that I can't seem to hold on to anything, I trip over my own 2 feet, my clothes don't fit good. And what's worse than clothes shopping when you're pregnant? Shoe shopping. Because even though your feet and ankles might not look swollen, they're bigger than they were. All the extra fluid circulating in your body increases the size everything on you. And when you go to put on cute boots with the outfit you finally decided on and the boots won't zip, you just might cry.

I've not managed to really get much done on my to-do lists from last week. I still don't know what people want for Christmas =( but I did finish a quilt and 2 people's shopping. Progress.

I want to post pictures of the nursery so bad but it's just not done. Other than being messy, I still decorations for the walls. I have one picture that needs to be hung, but I'm also going to hang a maternity picture (which obviously hasn't been taken yet) and I'm trying to find letters I like to  spell out his name above the crib. I don't want wooden or acrylic, so we're leaning towards metal which are expensive. We may have to splurge =)


No comments:

Post a Comment