Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

{28 weeks} and Thanksgiving!


When I first found out I was pregnant, I didn't think I'd EVER get this far!
I mean really, I'm a worrier. So I worried a lot about all the what-ifs that could happen early on in pregnancy. I'm so thankful that everything has gone so well and Baby R is still healthy and growing. I get sappy and a little emotional thinking about it sometimes, but I'm pretty excited to see his little face and hold him. Although not yet, because I'm not near ready and we need lots more stuff for him, so he can hang out in there for a good 10-12 more weeks. Now, instead of worrying about all those first trimester things, I'm worried about early labor!

My doctors' appointment this week went good. I took my glucose test, so I should know the results tomorrow. Fingers crossed it was fine and I can be totally ridiculous on Thanksgiving. We're still measuring a little ahead...big baby =)

Speaking of Thanksgiving, I'm ready to eat! I'm in charge of desserts, and I'm pumped. There will be Banana Pudding, Double Chocolate Chip cookies, and Brown-Bottom Butterscotch Cashew Cream Pie! All this will put me in a food-induced coma so I will be rested for some Black Friday Madness, which I'm totally ready for. Bring on the swollen ankles!

I've also marked some more things off my to-do lists =)
I have approximately half of my Christmas shopping done. On top of that, I pretty much know what the other half is getting, it just has to be bought. I've also made an appointment with a pediatrician, and our hospital tour is scheduled for January 14th. Hopefully Baby R won't make his arrival before then ;)

I figured I'd wrap things up with some Thankfulness. I'm truly blessed with so many wonderful things in my life that I figured I'd give some shout-outs...

I've been blessed with a wonderful husband. He often drives me crazy, but he is truly my best friend and understands me like no one else does. We always have fun together, which makes life so much more enjoyable. With that, we are both thankful for my health and this sweet baby :) and everything that will come with him!
I (we) also have a wonderful family and support system. This little guy will have the best grandparents and uncles! He will always be spoiled and taken care of, which is all I could ever ask for him and for us as well. I'm also thankful our families get along so well (no in-law drama)!
We also have some of the best friends anyone could ask for! It's nice to know if you ever needed anything, one phone call would have someone by your side. They too will love our little guy like he's their own.
I'm thankful to have a job I enjoy. Critical care nursing is not everyone's forte, but I "fell" into something that I very much enjoy doing. It's a blessing to help people and their families every day. It's not always easy (and certainly not glamorous), but it's what I was meant to do.
I'm very much thankful to have the wonderful life I have. I went shopping for two different angel tree children today (something Cody and I do every year) and it was a reminder of how blessed I've always been to have everything I needed and most of what I wanted. I've never known what it was like to be in need of basic necessities, so I'm glad to help those who are.

With all that out of my system, I'm also thankful for:
Cream cheese frosting
Peppermint
Caramel apples
Anything leopard-print
Yoga pants and leggings
My husband's size large t-shirts
Heating pads
Starbucks
Dr. Pepper
Mexican food
My iPhone
My furbaby Chloe :)

Have a good Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment