Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Playing Catch-Up

Being the Pinterest addict/junkie that I am, I found a blog on there one day that gave me a super cute idea for posting pregnancy pictures without looking...inappropriate. Apparently, the day that you conceive, people want you to either post or send them pictures of your pregnant stomach. I'm self-conscious on a good day, so posting naked-belly pictures all over Facebook simply wasn't an option. So I decided on the "cute descriptive chalkboard" method originally found here. She looks adorable in her pictures! I'll use this post to show my pictures up until this point:






How did I manage to not look pregnant at all here? I should wear this shirt more often.





Those are the last few months of my life in a nutshell.

My pregnancy has been fairly easy so far...hopefully it continues this way. Notice my first picture is at 10 weeks, which is when we announced "Baby R" to the world (outside of our parents and brothers). Someone said "Thank goodness you had sense enough not to tell everyone the minute you peed on a stick!" and I say, to each his own. We just felt better after going to the doctor and knowing everything was going well. And apparently I was feeling rough at 12 weeks, because there is no picture of me =)
I've been blessed not to be sick {much} during this adventure. During my first trimester, the only thing that sent me running for the bathroom was tomato sauce. Of course, I craved tomato soup. I got over that around 16 weeks, only to have the same ill feeling return this week. Sigh. 
My other issue is this little nugget sitting on my sciatic nerve, where he has been comfortable positioned since about week 15 or 16. My OB said hopefully as I get bigger my uterus will "tilt" forward and off my sciatic nerve. No luck yet. It's also not helpful that I'm a nurse and when I'm at work, I'm on my feet 13+ hours a day. My advice: stretching and a maternity pillow. I have the Boppy Maternity Pillow and it has been wonderful. My husband would beg to differ, stating that it feels like there's a third person in the bed with "that thing in here," but he can occasionally be dramatic. I feel like it will definitely come in handy in my later months too when I'm rolling around in bed like a beached walrus.

We are currently working on putting the nursery together, so there will be pictures coming soon. As I previously mentioned, Chloe is not very happy about her room being remodeled. But if we're being honest, she's a cat so every room in the house belongs to her.


2 comments:

  1. "But if we're being honest, she's a cat so every room in the house belongs to her."
    hahahaha! I have to admit that I laughed out loud at this. Love your blog so far! Stay with it, I think you will find that you have more to say than you give yourself credit for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rheanne,
    I am an FB friend of your mom's, that's how I found your blog. I love your chalkboard progress pics and will keep reading on in October 2012, although I have seen pictures of Cade already. He is totally cute :-)

    ReplyDelete