Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

23 Weeks


Today makes 23 weeks =)
Let me tell you, pregnancy flies by!
And please excuse my exhausted looking self in the photo, and the scrubs. I literally walked in from work and had Cody take my picture. We always do the pictures on Sunday. He doesn't even complain about it anymore ;)

I'm feeling pretty good still, other than the sciatic nerve pain that won't go away and the swollen ankles every day when I get off work. My husband thinks those are cute. 
Ok, not really. Nothing swollen is cute.
But really, I have nothing to complain about. I am in a pretty good mood most of the time (although I occasionally tear up for no reason). I'm not totally exhausted like I was the whole first 16 weeks I was pregnant. And now that I'm very visibly pregnant and people aren't afraid to ask me about it for fear of being wrong, this whole deal is much more fun!

We're making progress on the nursery. The walls have been painted and furniture put together for at least a week now. Tomorrow the husband will start his project of installing recessed lighting and a dimmer switch. This was his idea, because he didn't want either of us to have to get up in the middle of the night and switch the bright ceiling fan light on in the baby's face. It's funny what men start to think about when their own baby is involved. So once the lighting is in and drywall dust cleaned up, I will get the bedding into place and hopefully post some pictures as it comes together. I'm excited!

We're also having our first shower this week. I say "we" because this is a couple's cookout/party. I think the boys have just as much fun as the girls do at these. Any excuse for them to grill out and us all get together is always welcome! We have wonderful friends, to say the least. Hopefully I'll have some pictures from the shower too!
How adorable are the invites??
Lastly, I'm looking forward to the doctor this week for my monthly check-up. I never thought I'd look forward to a doctor's visit, but it's exciting checking in on the baby every few weeks and hearing good news. My last visit was my 20 week ultrasound, and my placenta was low. Not low enough to cause me to need a c-section, but they want to recheck it again this time. My doctor said she was fairly confident that it would be fine by my scan this week, so basically this is just another opportunity to see my cute little nugget =)
So fingers crossed for another good visit!

1 comment:

  1. Every time I see an owl now, I think of you. Overboard yet? I think not.

    ReplyDelete