Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Name That Baby

Exactly what we've been trying to do since we found out this little nugget was indeed a boy (my husband's not-so-silent prayers were answered). I had an early ultrasound at 17 weeks to find out the gender. It was an anniversary surprise for Cody since our doctor wouldn't schedule our appointment until I was 20 weeks.

The biggest problem in picking a name was the fact that we already had a name picked out. When we started talking about trying for a baby (sometime last year) we had a boy and girl name picked out. Our boy name was Liam. So for months and months I grew attached to these 2 names. The day after we found out Baby R was a boy, my husband came home from work and said, "I don't like the name Liam anymore."
Really? Since when?!

Thus began our perfect baby boy name search. Of course we had an endless stream of suggestions from everyone who knew I was pregnant. I read books, searched websites, and made multiple lists of possible names. 
Liam
Blake
Nathan
Jase
Bryson
Cale
Ethan
Mason
Owen
Heath

...and the list goes on. And on. And on.

This week we may have finally come to an agreement. Can you hear angels singing in the background? I can! Hopefully the name we're mulling over will stick. Until then, I'm not posting it. Although I can hardly wait to because it will end the continuous stream of "well if you don't have a name how will I ever monogram the adorable ______ I'm going to get you??" comments from everyone I know. Remember, we live in the south. We put an initial on EVERYTHING.








No comments:

Post a Comment