Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Smile Baby!

This is not a post about how Cade has finally smiled, because he hasn't. Not on purpose anyway. He has many gas smiles, dream smiles, and smiles that turn into grimaces or grunts. 
So I'm patiently waiting...
He's very serious, and probably thinks I am insane while I sing to him, make faces, blow on his belly, and basically act a fool. But I appreciate the fact that he watches me with extreme interest while I do all these things, as well as dance around the living room to Luke Bryan's "Cold Beer Drinker" while I clean the house. He's such a good baby :)


Other things making me smile right now (since Cade refuses to do so):

Sunshine in Tennessee (finally) and the fact that next weekend I will be in 80 degree weather for 2.5 days. I will miss my sweet boy though :(

Finding things that prove I'm not alone in my thoughts...

Finally meeting Caitlin's sweet Lexi Brooke! Cade and Lexi had their first date (supervised, of course) and she is a doll! Can't wait until these two get a little older start babbling to each other.

My sweet friends who get their phones blown up because I'm sometimes stir crazy but just can't leave the house. You know who you are!

DVR.
Do you know how hard it is to keep up with all your shows when they come on at baby's bedtime?!

Being back in the gym. Ok, that's another love-hate relationship... but I do feel better!

Finding new places to shop online :)
Through blogging and Instagram I've found some really cute online stores. I have a shopping...fetish. But I do like to support small businesses!
P.S. I Adore You is an online shop that features deals every day from different vendors. Super cute stuff at discount prices, and part of their proceeds go to support childhood cancer.
Hello Apparel has cute clothes! I found them through P.S. I Adore You, and this shirt will probably be mine soon. Hello Apparel is part of a website called HelloMerch which features lots of little shops all in one place!
LittleHipSqueaks has truly adorable blankets, leggings, hats, and headbands for your little one :) Love their modern prints!
BrickYard Buffalo is similar to P.S. I Adore You, offering daily deals on goods from multiple vendors.
ShopReminiscence on ETSY is where I ordered Cade's First Year Memory Book from. It's not like regular baby books with pre-made pages where you fill in the blanks. These are actual notebooks she makes, divided by months. Perfect for the writer like me who just wants to jot notes down. I've loved his baby journal, and it's really cute too :) These make good gifts people!

Easter is almost here! I broke down and bought Cade's Easter basket last weekend and it came in the mail yesterday. All his goodies are ready to be packed inside :) My husband said "What are you going to do, make up his basket and then open it yourself?"
Yes. That's exactly what I'm going to do.

My husband.
I'm not going to get all mushy, don't worry.
But he is awesome. And last weekend he took Cade for the day so I could go shopping for some new clothes (since all I've worn for the last 9 months are maternity clothes). He just loves spending time with Cade, which makes me happy. I'm soaking up time with Cade while I can because I know those two will soon be inseparable.

Pictures of the Easter basket coming as soon as I get it put together!

No comments:

Post a Comment