Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Rodeo

Last weekend was the big "Holy crap I'm going to leave my baby for the first time" weekend.
Needless to say, we all survived.

Cody left for Florida about 7 am Thursday morning, a day ahead of me. I just couldn't bring myself to stay away from Cade for 3 nights. My flight left at 6am Friday, getting me to Orlando at 8:35. Hooray for short trips! I was paranoid that Cade would decide to be up all night, or at least at 3am when I was trying to get all my shit together, so my mom stayed the night. Of course he woke up at 1:15 and didn't go back to sleep until 2:45 so I got a grand total of 2 hours of sleep. Oh well. My plan was get a nap in on the plane, but I was sandwiched between a woman who kept talking loudly about how the two kids behind us were talking loudly, and a man who flung his hands in the air every time there was a bump.
No nap for me :(

He didn't wake up for pictures at 4am.
The rodeo was Saturday, and it went pretty well. Cody's team got 100 points in all 5 of their events, but unfortunately their times weren't good enough to win a trophy. We won't even get into how 3 of the top 5 teams did things to get deductions and the judges let them slide. Especially since the team who won first place was from the company hosting the whole event, and a judge totally looked the other way when he dropped his hard hat on the ground and had to put it back on when they finished. 
Soap-box over.



We did have a good time overall. It was nice to have a whole weekend of adult conversation =) but I missed my sweet baby! Cody kept saying, "Ok the rodeo is over, I'm ready to go see Cade now." I'm pretty sure we didn't put him down until bedtime Sunday night. We're definitely looking forward to the next rodeo. It's in June in Memphis, and hopefully little Cade will be in attendance.

We missed each other =)

In other news...


Cade is finally smiling!! It's so cute when his eyes light up and you know it's coming. He's definitely not smiling on demand, he likes to make you work for it!

I'm looking forward to putting together Cade's Easter basket this week (of course pictures will follow). He's finally going to meet Uncle Caleb Friday :) and then Sunday will be his first church service. Busy busy week ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment