Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

{1 Month}

I can't believe my little booger is 1 month old!
I keep looking at him thinking, "Is this the same kid?!"
He's growing so fast, it seems like over the last week he's doubled in size!






Notice the 2 week picture is sideways? Blogspot would not rotate it. Arg. I've tried everything.
You can see Cade likes to lay back and relax =)

Cade is still awesome (well duh), and he definitely keeps us on our toes. He's goes from sleeping to starving in 5 seconds flat in the middle of the night, and you don't stand a chance of getting a bottle in his mouth before he has a meltdown. Hence the reason I was creeping in WalMart at 9:00 last night, because he decided he didn't like the formula we bought. Picky picky. 

Here are some things that we've loved in our 1st month...some are literally lifesavers!

Fisher Price Snugabunny Bouncer: Lifesaver! This bouncer is awesome! It's soft and snuggly, perfect for newborns. It plays lullabies, outdoor sounds (birds and frogs), and vibrates. Cade naps in this during the day...he seems pretty smitten with it! Chloe thinks the birds hanging from it are cat toys...

Chicco Lullaby Magic Play Yard: I went back and forth on which play yard to buy and registered for 2 different ones. I originally picked a Graco with a changer and bassinet, where this one only has a changer. I'm so glad we chose the Chicco instead. The play yard itself has the largest mattress size, and the changer itself is bigger than the Graco. Cade moves a lot in his sleep, so the bassinet would have probably only worked the first week for him anyway. It also has a mobile in the corner that plays music and white noise. On this mobile is a soft-glow light, which is wonderful. Multiple times a night when Cade fusses we find ourselves crawling to the end of our bed and hitting the night light only to find he's spit a pacifier out. Much easier than turning on the big light and waking him up.

SwaddleMe Swaddle Blankets: One of the best inventions. Ever. Cade will bust out of a swaddle faster than you can explain to your husband what a swaddle is. This nifty little blankets Velcro around baby but leave feet loose so they can kick. Our only issue is when Cade got to about 3 weeks old, he started moving a lot more in his sleep (he will literally do a 180 in the bed) and with his arms wrapped in his swaddle he would sometimes end up totally on his side or rolled over almost completely. We now wrap the swaddle under his armpits, leaving his arms free. This way he stops himself from rolling over.

Aden & Anais Swaddle Blankets: We only use the SwaddleMe blankets at night with Cade. During the day I'm in love with these muslin swaddle blankets. They're thin and stretchy, but large enough you can double them for warmth if you need to. They'll be perfect car seat covers in the summer :)

Carter's Zip Up Sleepers: Ok, you will get tired of animals all over your kids clothes (especially if you have a boy). But we love Carter's zip-up sleepers. They hold up well when washed over and over and they're reasonable priced (you can find them pretty much anywhere). I'm specific about zippers because when you're up in the middle of the night trying to change a diaper, getting your kid in and out of a sleeper that snaps all the way down is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube. After a few nights, husband said whoever put zippers on sleepers was an ______ genius. (I'll let you pick the expletive you think he used.)

Chicco KeyFit 30 car seat and base: Love this car seat so far. It's not a travel system, so if you buy from Babies R Us, you purchase the car seat, base, and stroller separately. Not a big deal for us, and they work together seamlessly. For the baby on the go it's perfect. I have a base, husband has a base, and both sets of grandparents have a base. This makes it super easy to swap vehicles without hassle. The Cortina stroller that coordinates is easy to use as well, and the car seat just snaps right into it until baby is big enough to ride on his own. 
(Downside: the basket in the bottom of the coordinating stroller is small, room for the diaper bag and that's it. Not so great if you have major shopping planned.)

Medela Pump In Style Advance: Ok I said I have a love-hate relationship with this pump. I love the pump, I hated my attachment to it. But it really is a great product. It is more expensive than other brands, so save some gift cards, but it's reviews were so much better. It's the brand most hospitals use. It's an electric double pump, so it's very efficient. You definitely want something that'll get the job done quick! Parts are a little pricey too, but you get what you pay for. I've been using my pump around the clock for going on 5 weeks now and haven't had the first problem.

BabyMel Diaper Bag: This link isn't to my exact bag, because apparently they don't sell it anymore. I'm pretty sure this is the same style though, the material is just different. Mine is an olive green and white print instead of quilted material. Either way, I love it. It looks cute, and it's roomy with lots of pockets inside and out. It also has Velcro tabs on the strap so you can attach it to your stroller handle. Again, a pricey item but you get what you pay for. And you're going to be carrying it everywhere so get yourself something nice!

Hope you enjoyed all our favorites =)
My dilemma now is the Easter basket. Should I go ahead and buy the Pottery Barn Easter basket I've been looking at? And what do you put in a baby's basket? I've got a couple of books and an outfit picked out, but that's it. Filling it with Cadbury eggs that Cade can't eat will not help my "I need to lose these last 10 pounds of baby weight like, yesterday" diet.
I made the mistake of trying on summer clothes this week.
I need to go to the gym.
Blah.

-Rheanne

No comments:

Post a Comment