Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Just things.

I've definitely been slacking on the blog front lately.
Life got in the way!
Cade is busy busy all the time, so I use every nap time (when he decides to take one) to cook, clean, and catch up on things around the house.

Anywho...we're enjoying summer around here, so I hope you all are too! I'm not a hot weather fan by any means...I'm already counting down days to October. That being said, I do enjoy the pool (or any body of water) and watching Cody play softball. I'm debating on a zoo trip soon, since Cade now likes being in his stroller for longer than 10 minutes.
Bonus points to the husband who switched crews at work and is now off on Fridays! More fun time for us!
Our Tennessee weather has been nuts lately. We went on our riding trip to Brimstone last weekend in East Tennessee, and I almost froze. Seriously. It rained all day Saturday and even in pants, a t-shirts, and a full rainsuit I was still shaking. Sunday when we got home? I was busting a sweat getting our stuff in the house because it was humid and almost 90.
You'd think living here my whole life would make me used to it, but you can't really get used to unpredictability :)
We were looking rough...but hey we were just trying to fit in with the locals ;)

July is passing by so quickly. I thought it would be our busiest month this year, but September is making me rethink things. On top of weddings, baby showers, cookouts, and another riding trip, Cade will be starting daycare. I'm not too anxious (yet) but I'm excellent at worrying about things in the way distant future. For now I'm trying to focus on July and what's coming up in August. First things first!

Cade's 6 month pictures are August 16th and I've got to figure out what he and I will wear. Since my husband seems to have a never-ending supply of solid-color polo shirts I'm not too worried about him. I was going to put Cade in a white polo and a pair of plaid shorts, but that leaves me with two problems.
1. His shorts are just too big, and I don't think a few weeks is enough time to fill them out.
2. I'm absolutely sure I own nothing that will match.
(Totally sarcastic, but if I convince myself it's true, it's an excuse to go shopping!)

Hope your summer is fab and you're staying cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment