Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Road Trip

Last week was so busy, I'm just now finding time to sit and write about it. Cody had another rodeo, this time in Memphis. Because I have no vacation time built up, I had to schedule myself to work my 3 shifts in a row (which I never do). And OF COURSE, this would be the week that Joint Commission decided to show up at the hospital for their inspection. If you work in healthcare, I'm pretty sure you're cringing right now.
Luckily the stars aligned and I managed to not see any of the inspectors. Wednesday evening I let out a huge sigh of relief when I left work!

Cody left for the rodeo on Thursday, but I wanted a little time with Cade so I drove separately on Friday morning. Memphis is only a 3-hour drive from where we live, but I could see potential disaster trying to take Cade by myself...like having to pull over whenever he threw a toy in the floor and started whining. Or worse, what if I had some sort of car trouble and needed to stop? Not fun. So Cade rode with Cody's parents, who came down Friday afternoon. Of course he slept the whole way.
We were ready to go snatch him up when his parents got there. We brought him to our hotel for a while so they could go eat with Cody's brother who came in from New Orleans. Cody wanted to show him off :)
Cade spent the night at the hotel with his grandparents, and they brought him to the rodeo the next day. He did pretty well, although I'm sure it was a lot to take in. He never really napped there, so when they headed home that afternoon he slept the whole way back.
Cody was so glad he came, especially since not many people from his work have seen Cade. And I learned that they all refer to Cade as "Him" because Cody never says his name, he just always calls Cade "Him" when he's talking about...him. So all weekend the guys were all saying "How's Him doing?" and "Are you ready to see Him when you get home?"

Our next few weekend trips will be Cade-free, since he's too young to go riding at Brimstone and it's too hot to have him on the lake all day. I'll miss "him" on our trips, but I'm definitely looking forward to them.
Because I need a vacation, and a margarita!

No comments:

Post a Comment