Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

It has been such a hectic, busy week at our house!

I went back to work on Tuesday, which was totally stressing me out.  13 weeks of being at home taking care of a baby had me worried that I had forgotten how to be a nurse and take care of big people! But as a friend said, "It's like riding a bike" and of course I fell right back into stride. Major props to my mom and mother-in-law who came to my house at 6:15 (am!) on the days I had to work so I didn't have to get a sleeping Cade up and take him anywhere. He has fabulous grandparents :)
I chose a good week to go back to work, since it was Nurse's Week. Shout out to all my nurse friends! It was nice to go back to my job on a week where we were getting so much love. 

Of course, this would also be the same week my husband had softball games and was low crew at work (low crew = overtime calls). He ended up playing softball Tuesday night (my first day back at work), working late Thursday night (my second day back at work), and getting called back in Friday night, when I had to be back at work Saturday morning. Let me just say that I was ready for 1- a margarita and 2- sleeping in!

Well, I didn't get my margarita, but Cade woke up once at 4:30 this morning and then slept until 8:45.
 Happy Mother's Day to me!
Cody said he tried to think of something different to get me for Mother's Day since he bought me a mother's necklace when I delivered Cade, but he couldn't come up with anything. But because he's known me pretty much my entire life, he knows that the way to my heart is through retail therapy, so I got a sweet Gap gift card to go shopping! Good job husband!

We had Baby Dedication today at church. It wouldn't be Cade if he didn't do things his way. Long story short: right before time to go up front, Cade blew up his diaper. So I had to walk up by myself while Cody was changing "the worst diaper ever" and wait on them. Cade made it through most of the dedication but then cried through the entire prayer.
Good thing he's so stinking cute ;)
Of course when we went to sit back down, he was all smiles and laughs.
Sheesh.
Such is life.


Being a mother is the most exhausting, frustrating, overwhelming, wonderful, beautiful, amazing thing I've ever experienced. I've worn countless body fluids, ran on less sleep than I ever thought possible, and learned how to do almost everything one-handed. But every second has been more than worth it. I look at Cade every day and think about how amazing it is that we made him. He's so sweet and silly and perfect and has proven to me that it is possible for your heart to double in size.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you!
I mean that for all women, because truly you have mothered and nurtured someone whether you realize it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment